Reviews for The School of Homer

Monday, May 23, 2005

Book Recommendation

I am recommending Clive Cussler's Sahara today. I saw the movie when it came out with my dad and he seemed rather disappointed though I thought the movie was ok, so I decided to read the book. I know now why he was disappointed, the book is about a million times better than the movie, and the makers of the film edited out all the best parts and plot twists which I will not discuss to avoid spoilers. The book is a great adventure story with admirable characters, but I do offer a word or two of caution. Mr. Cussler has several different story lines running through the book, one dealing with an environmental catastrophe brought on by a corrupt French businessman and a West African despot. This story line is a little convoluted, but is dealt with ably and about as believably as such a line could be. Other than that and the commiserate condemnation of greedy Frenchmen, the book has fairly good messages.

No comments: