Reviews for The School of Homer

Friday, March 03, 2006

Democrats Going Crazy

Going through the partisan blogosphere (on either side of the third party system) is sometimes amusing, but usually just pathetic. Wandering into the democratic contribution today I stumbled upon one of the goofiest things I've ever discovered on the web. It is a page promoting a children's book called "Why Mommy is a Democrat" and it has sample pages. This book shows the utter bankruptcy of Democrats in terms of ideas, their conception of keeping people safe it protect them from elephant monsters (Republicans), their conception of economic policy equates to kids sharing their toys (as if this in any way relates to the hard earned fortunes of individuals in the economy at large, not to mention you typically don't pull a gun on a kid to get him to share his "toys"). Both parties are running short of any ideas at all, and this book in only illustrative of the general trend.

6 comments:

Gus Van Horn said...

Alexander,

This quote, "...their conception of economic policy equates to kids sharing their toys," brought back an old childhood memory.

I was sent to a Baptist kindergarten when I was five, and every week, we had "share a toy day".

I quickly noticed (and remember doing so) that on these days, the kids who roughoused with (and broke or damaged) toys used this as an opportunity to do so with the ones other kids brought in.

I came up with a clever solution for a five-year-old: I brought in this steel clunker of a blue tractor I cared nothing about. Every bloody time.

My mother noticed (or was told) after awhile and asked me why. I said something like, "I don't want the other kids to break any of my good toys."

To her credit, that was the end of that, even though my teacher wasn't too happy about it.

Gus

Alexander V. Marriott said...

Great story, you were a clever young lad I dare say.

Anonymous said...

Good post.

And dont forget that they also COMPLETELY ignore where toys actually come from.

Y'all know what Im talking about.

Anonymous said...

You have to have had some credit in the first place before you can become bankrupt. Those responsible for that waste of good paper (tree-killers! someone ought to report them) were and are bereft of ideas.

Nice blog, by the way. I came here via Nick's Carnival.

Alexander V. Marriott said...

Thanks, and I'm glad the Carnival of the Objectivists worked out.

Anonymous said...

We've published our own verison here: http://www.thosebastards.com/archives/2204/